Nurse practitioner or physician's assistant for busy dermatology
practice in Rhode Island, on East Greenwich/North Kingstown
line. Competitive salary and benefits. Experience in dermatology
preferred, but will consider training a highly motivated individual. All
inquiries will be held in strictest confidence. Please send resume to:
Lead Nurse Instructor
Lincoln Technical Institute, located in Lincoln, RI, is looking for a Lead Nurse Instructor. We are a member of the Lincoln Educational Services family of schools.
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing Education, and the Nursing Program Coordinator, this position teaches courses/classes/clinics in the nursing program as assigned, monitors student progress, and contributes positively to the Department, School and Community at large in a participatory, developmental and/or advisory capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teach classes and instructs students as assigned in the clinical, classroom, laboratory and other applicable settings.
2. Mentor and monitor students in a variety of settings. Foster student development.
3. Contribute to the department by participating in department related activities such as, but not limited to, program and course evaluation, committee and team membership, and other activities.
4. Academic advising, office hours and tutoring as assigned/ scheduled.
5. Make suggestions for improvement of courses, program and systems.
6. Maintain/assist with laboratories, equipment needs as necessary
7. Conduct classroom observations
8. Review the results with Director of Nursing, Program Manager, and faculty.
9. Assist in ensuring that adequate provisions are made for classes affected by faculty absences.
10. Mentor and provide initial training for new instructors
11. Assist with orientation, professional development, evaluation, and management as needed.
12. Assist instructors on delivery methods that address students' different learning styles.
13. Enforce and support school policies and procedures, advise instructors as necessary.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
• A Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
• Current registration as a professional nurse in state of employment.
• Evidence that supports expertise in an area of assigned teaching. For example, this evidence should be documentation supporting that the candidate has: a) professional or working experience in the subject area; and/or b) course work in the subject area.
• Experience and skill in the practice of nursing.
• Basic experience with computers and MS Office products.
• Nursing experience involving direct patient care and/or teaching experience within two years of employment. Faculty and instructors shall give evidence of maintaining expertise in clinical and functional areas of expertise.
• Master's Degree
• Experienced nursing educator
• Ability to teach classes, labs, and clinical labs
• Ability to track and manage multiple students/projects
• Computer literate
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision
• Supervises students in selected learning environments. Ability to communicate clearly
• Minimum travel to clinical sites and educational activities.
Please submit your resume / cover letter to Pat Castelli at